Welcome to Argyle ISD
Located in the northern side of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area, Argyle ISD is a spacious, growing community that has stayed true to its roots without evolving into an all-too-typical suburban sprawl found across the country. As the school district has grown, the school district has renovated and added on to existing campuses. In recent years, new schools have been constructed to account for expected enrollment increases in one of North Texas’s finest school districts.
In 2017, the school board approved a $166 million bond to cover construction and renovation costs in order to stay ahead of the curve and ensure a far above-average educational experience for the children of Argyle. The Argyle Indeoendent School District encompases parts of five municipalities including: Argyle, Bartonville, Northlake, Flower Mound, and Southern Denton.
What to Love
- Well-prepared for expected growth, putting money forth to ensure schools, neighborhoods, and local businesses stay ahead of the curve
- Small-town charm and manners
- A rural community with cities like Dallas and Fort Worth just a short drive away
- Above average demographics
- Argyle ISD is a driving force for appreciated home values
- Homes located within the school district have appreciated in value ahead of the national average
Residents which have recently moved to Argyle from sprawling urban neighborhoods are pleasantly surprised to find they haven’t suddenly stepped back in time. They are happy to send their children to some of the best schools in the state with very low student-teacher ratios and advanced curriculums to better prepare them for tomorrow’s workplace. Basic coursework includes an in-depth understanding of all STEM areas and the arts, ensuring peace of mind for parents at home. On the weekends, days off can be enjoyed just a few minutes south in DFW shopping, sampling exotic cuisines, or attending one of the several local professional sports games.
Dining, Entertainment, and Shopping
Dallas-Fort Worth is home to some of the nation’s most exciting cuisine, shopping, and extracurricular activities. However, Argyle residents don’t always feel the need to stray too far out. They are pleasantly surprised to find many perfectly relaxing ways to spend free time in their own backyards.
Texas is world-famous for its barbecue. It’s practically a right of passage to travel to small towns all around the state to sample brisket, pulled pork, and all the fixings. Bumbershoot Barbecue, conveniently located in the center of town, has earned its place on this “list.” This critically acclaimed gem has drawn high praise from Texas Monthly, The Dallas Morning News, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, and has become one of the top barbecue destinations in the state.
Texas is also famous for its unique twist on Mexican cuisine, affectionately known as Tex-Mex. Marty B’s, on the eastern side of town, is a top choice for tamales, tacos, queso, and Texas sheet cake, a rich, single-layer chocolate cake drizzled in homemade frosting and toasted pecans.
If a quick trip out of town is necessary, Argyle is conveniently located just off Interstate 35-W, providing easy access to Fort Worth. Highway 377 also runs through the middle of town, leading to northern DFW suburbs and the rest of the metroplex.
Things To Do
Argyle is much more than a typical, southern small town. Residents enjoy a number of luxurious leisure activities, like golfing at Denton Country Club. In addition to their 18-hole championship golf course, driving range, and putting greens, club members have access to a sparkling pool, regulation-size tennis courts, and beautiful dining facilities. Quality can be spent with family at the nearby Legoland Discovery Center. About 20 miles south of town, this indoor entertainment center includes rides, a 4D cinema, and a soft play center, ensuring fun for visitors of all ages.
Argyle is home to some of the best schools in Texas. A few brand-new campuses are under construction. Currently-existing schools include:
- Hilltop Elementary School, prekindergarten-4th grade; Hilltop Elementary boasts a very low student-teacher ratio of 14:1
- Argyle West Elementary, prekindergarten-4th grade; Argyle West ranks in the top 5% of all Texas elementary schools
- Argyle Intermediate School, 5th grade; this unique campus for only fifth-grade students helps to assist in the sometimes-stressful transition from elementary to middle school
- Argyle Middle School, grades 6-8; pupils have the option to participate in a number of academic, athletic, and extracurricular activities
- Argyle High School, grades 9-12; the campus recently underwent a $68mm renovation and expansion in anticipation of the community’s expected future growth
- Liberty Christian School, preschool-12th grade; Liberty ranks within Texas’ top 20% of private schools and is conveniently located in central Argyle