Welcome to Argyle
Located in the northern side of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area, this search is Argyle is a spacious, growing community that has stayed true to its roots without evolving into an all-too-typical suburban sprawl found across the country. Argyle residents appreciate their privacy and freedom to customize homes to their own tastes and desires, without the lengthy restrictions which might come with some homeowners’ associations. Each home has been uniquely crafted to cater to each resident’s needs.
Argyle was first established in the mid-19th century and remained quite rural for the next 100 years. As DFW grew, urban dwellers needing peace, quiet and fresh air headed north and stumbled upon one of North Texas’ most charming hidden gems. Those who made the move were pleasantly surprised by Argyle’s top-rated schools, spacious homes, and wide, open spaces.
What to Love
- Stately custom-designed manors situated on sprawling lots
- Argyle provides both freestanding estates properties and luxury gated communities
- Homes in Argyle are spaced out to allow maximum breathing room and privacy
- Community has a polite, small-town charm with rolling terrain and abundance of majestic oak trees.
- Just a short drive away from inner DFW and modern amenities of the metroplex
Argyle residents enjoy an overall elevated lifestyle. Local schools, both public and private, are some of the best in the state of Texas, ensuring students are challenged and well-prepared for the next phase of life. For the adults, golf, horseback riding, and spa days are favorite ways to enjoy leisure time, without having to wander too far from home. Getting out of town is simple; the remainder of the metroplex is a short drive away, and DFW International Airport, one of the largest airports in the world, is a mere 20 miles away.
Dining, Entertainment, and Shopping
The metroplex is one of the nation’s dining meccas, thanks to a colorful variety of exotic and authentic eateries located across Dallas, Fort Worth, and the mid-cities. However, Argyle residents don’t need to look far; fine dining and exciting flavors are to be found in their own backyards.
The most proper way to follow up a round of golf or morning fitness class is brunch and mimosas. The Golden Egg is the embodiment of a cozy, Texas cafe with a twist. The Golden Egg specializes in southern staples like eggs Benedict, chicken fried steak, and chicken and waffles. One of their most popular offerings? BYOB mimosas.
Argyle locals have their choice in exclusive golf clubs, and the Denton Country Club is a popular option. The Denton Country Club is a member-owned club, the recipient of many awards, and is celebrating its centennial birthday in 2022. If golf isn’t your game, the club also features four outdoor regulation-size tennis courts, yoga classes, and a sparkling pool for warmer summer months.
In recent years, Dallas-Fort Worth has emerged as a national leader in the culinary and entertainment fields. The metroplex is a short drive from Argyle and home to hundreds of locally-owned coffee shops, boutiques, restaurants, and more, in addition to several nationally recognized brand names. Several professional sports teams call DFW home, such as the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers, and Dallas Stars, among others.
Things To Do
Just a short drive and world class luxury shopping is at your fingertips. Throw your cowboy boots on for a day of shopping at the Fort Worth Stockyards, Sundance Square or The Shops at Clearfork for open air dining and entertainment providing exclusive shops to Fort Worth and upscale and mainstream stores.
Fort Worth is also home to Bass Hall, The Kimbell Art Museum and so much more. In recent years, the Will Rogers Memorial Center has reinvented itself as a state of the art equestrian and event facility. Less than three miles from Fort Worth's Downtown District and meeting hotels, you'll find the Will Rogers Memorial Center. This 120-acre, renowned equestrian and event facility plays host to a variety of corporate, educational, agricultural and sporting events, including many international and grand-scale shows.
This small town features some of North Texas’s finest schools. These include:
- Liberty Christian School, preschool-12th grade; Liberty ranks within Texas’ top 20% of private schools and is conveniently located in central Argyle
- Hilltop Elementary School, prekindergarten-4th grade; Hilltop Elementary boasts a very low student-teacher ratio of 14:1
- Argyle West Elementary, prekindergarten-4th grade; Argyle West ranks in the top 5% of all Texas elementary schools
- Argyle Intermediate School, 5th grade; this unique campus for only fifth-grade students helps to assist in the sometimes-stressful transition from elementary to middle school
- Argyle Middle School, grades 6-8; pupils have the option to participate in a number of academic, athletic, and extracurricular activities
- Argyle High School, grades 9-12; the campus recently underwent a $68mm renovation and expansion in anticipation of the community’s expected future growth
- Northwest ISD, prekindergarten-12th grade; as a whole, Northwest ISD ranks within the top 10% of Texas’ independent school districts
- Denton ISD, prekindergarten-12th grade; providing a quality education for young people in the community, offering a variety of academics including: state-of-the-art science, math and technology programs.